- The school attaches great importance to regular attendance. Except in cases of illness, children will not be permitted to be absent during term.
- No sick child should be sent to school. A medical certificate is essential for rejoining after recovery from illness.
- The illness of a student who is out of Jamshedpur on the day of reopening of school after holidays may not be accepted as a reason for excusing the student. Failure to notify the school of absence before reopening day will be treated as a withdrawal.
- No child will be allowed into the school after the first bell. [Parents are requested not to make any request for allowing latecomers to attend school, however genuine the excuse may be.
- Every student must be present on the day the school re-opens after summer, winter, Puja, X-mas vacation.
- Should a guardian wish to withdraw a child from the school, written notice of such withdrawal must be given to the Principal/Primary in charge one month in advance, failing which a month’s fee in lieu of notice will be payable to the school.
- Notice of withdrawal must be accompanied by a fee of Rs 50/- which is the charge of issuing a transfer certificate.
- No transfer certificate will be issued until all dues are cleared and school property borrowed by the child is returned to the school.
- Should a child be withdrawn from the school in order to gain admission into any other local school, he/she will not be re-admitted to Gulmohur School
Removal from school
A child’s name will be struck off from the school rolls if:
- fees remain unpaid for two consecutive months.
- the child fails to attend school on the first or last day of term.
- the child is absent from school for 3 consecutive days without the prior written permission of the Principal/Primary in charge.
- the child persists in irregular attendance.
- the child’s general conduct is at fault.
- the child fails two years in succession in the same class.
- the child shows poor academic performance during the year.
- the child fails twice in the school